Friday 6 June 2008

Start with Yourself


After writing a few days ago about how we can all contribute to creating more peace in the world by 'being' more peaceful ourselves, I rediscovered this article. The words were apparently written on the tomb of a Bishop in the Crypts of Westminster Abbey and are a nice reminder.

"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser I discovered the world would not change so I shortened my sights and decided to change only my country. But it too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realise: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows I may have even changed the world".

Anon

How are you 'being' in the world? ;-)
Dx

No comments: